If This is an Accident with Injuries
- Call 911 Or Summon Help From Other Motorists
- Give Exact Location & Description Of Injuries
- Stay With Your Vehicle If At All Possible Until Help Arrives
If This is a Minor Accident with Little or No Property Damage or Injuries
- Call The Non-Emergency Dispatch Number: (775) 353-2231 – You will be given instructions as to what to do.
- Give exact location & description of damage, if any.
- If you choose not to make a police report at this time, you may be eligible to do an SR1 Form with DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). Download the SR1 Form
If a police report is not made at the time of the accident or you are using or instructed to use the SR1 Form, please make sure you have the following: your driver’s license, proof of insurance, and any other information obtained from other drivers or passengers involved in the accident.
If the accident was a hit and run, try to remember any pertinent information for the report: what color and type was the other vehicle, any license plate information, and any information you remember about the other driver (male/female, race, approximate age, etc.).
REPORTS MAY BE FILED AT OUR FRONT DESK – SEE HOW TO FILE A POLICE REPORT FOR MORE INFORMATION